Choosing the right residential care Drysdale facilities have can be overwhelming, given the number of choices available. There are many things to consider like the condition of a facility, quality of staff, cost, location, and services offered.
Before you make that important decision and entrust the welfare of your loved one to third-party, here is a quick and easy checklist of things to consider:
You have to ask the hard questions. How long has this institution been in the industry? Who runs it? What are others saying, and can I trust them? Pick an institution with vast experience in aged care and is transparent in all their dealings.
A good example is Arcare. It is a family owned facility that provides 5-star aged and disability services. It has been in the business of assisting seniors for almost 50 years. They are passionate about what they do and treat each person we care for like family. They believe it is of utmost importance to empower residents to enable them to enjoy a better quality of life.
Look for similar features from a provider of permanent care Drysdale has or the one in Clifton Springs. See more at Arcare
Values and Principles
A care home’s values and principles reveal what is most important for them and what they want to achieve overall.
- Do they prioritise statistics and grants?
- Do they focus on research and nurture strong ties with pharmaceutical companies?
- Do they care for their team members by providing them with respite care Drysdale wide?
You have to make sure that their values complement your own and that they offer holistic support, have the best professionals in the team, and empower residents to live fully and happily.
The quality of team members in residential care Drysdale offers greatly affects the quality of care and services residents receive. You want to make sure you will be taken care of by a team that is well-trained and qualified and is able to cater to special needs.
But beyond skills and qualifications, you should also check how content the team members are with their job and work environment. Include questions like this in your checklist:
- What is the staff-to-resident ratio? Are there enough carers to efficiently manage the number of residents?
- Do I feel like I can trust the staff here to take good care of me? Do they pay attention to the needs of the residents and are they patient with them?
- My English isn’t too good and I need a carer who can communicate in my native language. Do they have a staff who speaks my language?
- Do team members have access to respite care similar to the services of respite care Clifton Springs offers?
Food and Nutrition
Eating a balanced and healthy diet is tantamount for you to succeed in performing your daily activities. Regular meals with good nutritional value plus physical activities can improve your strength and fight off infection. Eating a variety of healthy food can drastically improve your energy levels while maintaining a healthy weight.
This is something every residential care Drysdale facility must offer their residents. Residents should get the optimal nutrition they require in an environment that is appetising.
The point of making a checklist is you want to make sure you ask all the important questions to guide your decision in choosing the best aged care residence near you. Therefore, it pays to be as detailed as possible, as well as particular about the small things that really matter to you.